Monday, January 19, 2009

5th Jan till 17th Jan



5th Jan
 
..Probably the first day since i arrived in US which was a full fledged day of work and i got the idea how particular and punctual they are when it comes to work.. 
..Many of my work was pending cause of xmas holidays plus sat sunday that came in between.. ..Today however one working day was enuf to finish dem all.. 
- Immunization Laptop 
- Criminal backgrnd check 
- Insurance check 
- uth registration 
- course selection 
- pin activation 
..ufff lots of things done today
..Have my orientation tomorrow and day after..
..Imagine two days of orientation with 12 hrs per day.. 
..Have to still register in my school and then get my school id tomo.. 
..Then have to apply for the state id and for metro id.. 
..Once done with the registration tomo i ll have to start applyin for jobs i guess thats where i ll need sm luck and wishes hehe...!!!

8th Jan
..I attended my orientation on 6th and 7th.. It was nice.. 
..The college on the whole is organized.. 
..I have got my college mail id
..My classes start on monday 
..My weekly schedule is like this - Monday and tuesday 12 to 2 and wednesday 10 to 3 local time lectures baaki na divas kai nathi till i get a job(keep praying i get one hehe)

12th Jan onwards

..College started last monday 12th.. Or shd I say school started hehe.. attended biostat lec on the very first day and i pity americans.. 
..They really don know maths.. And they are teaching me lolzz.. 
..Teaching assistants here dont know how to operate comps too, I make them learn.. 
..Seems like native americans are the most foolish amongst species i ve encountered.. 
..Indians rock.. And india rocks too.. Miss india.. But ya us is too organized(sometimes a bit too much).. Atleast they teach here unlike india.. 
..There is a system which everyone follows.. My week was a lousy one and made me even more lousier.. 

..I got my texas state ID.. Although a temporary one, permanent one will come in few days by mail..
..College dint even start full fledged and I ve got a mini vacation.. 
..Saturday sunday holiday of course, then monday is martin luther king holiday and tuesday is obama's swearing ceremony so holiday.. A sorta minivacation.. 

..The most exciting day here for me was 15th Jan, yeah i know it was uttarayan there in india, and i celebrated it in a very special way, guess how.. 
..15th jan is the first day for booking a UT university housing.. And i was standing in line outside leasing office from 14th night.. 
..Like thanks giving, v stood all night from 8 o clock on 14th night  to 9 morning on 15th.. And temperature ws 2 degrees outside.. 
..Exciting ne? Well after all that standing out, V got out waiting list number in appartment of 6th for 2 bedroom appt and 9th for 3 bedroom appt, and v ll take which ever is offered first.. 
..Imagine how many were in line ahead of us..  
..Was a unique experience..
..Well thats about it till 17th.. Had to rapidly post here from few of the mails that i sent various pple so will keep my track here too now on.. Njoi and stay in tch..
Tc..

No comments: