Sunday, January 25, 2009

Jai Hind :)

Hi guys..
Have been a long time since I actually updated u on my happenings..
Probably after Uttarayan..
 
..We were off to Rice Village again on 22nd..
..This time we were in "Bakers Pub & Street"..
..Our FRESHERS Party if u can say it that way..
..They call it a way to socialize ourselves over a dinner.. It was fun..
..Especially for pple like me who can eat non-veg..
..For Veggie pple, it was not that gud as they had only meshed potatoes and thats it..
 
 
Here comes 26th Jan:
..First Republic Day in US..
.. I never used to celebrate it back in India though.. Not after I came in college.. Before that in school I used to celebrate it every year as I was in NCC..
.. We had a preety lousy day out here on 25th..
.. Then we watched a documentary:
"Story of India" which is in many parts.. We watched just the first part of it(But I can assure you all parts will be seen definitely), so to say our republic day celebrations will last for around 7 days till v complete all the parts of it..
 
Never was I nywhere near strong when it comes to H/o India.. But may be I will be once I finish watching Story of India..
Its amazing to know, how first pple came in India and settled in South..
.. The first civilization - Indus Valley : How India got its name..!! Honestly, I admit I dint know before this that India is named so because first civilization was in Indus Valley..
.. The migration towards west over ganges..
.. The first ever and oldest civilizations ever developed..
.. Many more things I never knew about India..
 
So thats how Republic Day was celebrated.. Or shd I said We have just started.. Cause its just 1:00 am on 26th jan as I write this..
 
..Thats about it for now..
Happy Republic Day

No comments: